Monday, November 21, 2011

Big News! Meet Iris Thorne -- Again

I'm delighted to announce that I'm re-publishing my long out-of-print first series--the Iris Thorne Mysteries--and the first book, Cold Call, is now on sale!  Iris Thorne is a sassy, scrappy, and sexy Los Angeles investment counselor and amateur sleuth. The five books in the series were published by Simon and Schuster from 1993 to 1999. I'm so happy to introduce Iris to new readers and hopefully longtime friends will want to renew their acquaintance with her. 

Cold Call is now available as an e-book for the first time ever and a beautiful trade paperback edition will be available soon. You can buy the e-book at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, and Smashwords.

I'll launch the second, Slow Squeeze, in December--in time for holiday shopping! The remaining three titles--Fast Friends, Foolproof, and Pushover--will be released throughout early 2012 as both e-books and trade paperbacks. You'll be able to order the paperbacks through your local bookstore as well as via IndieBound, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.

Here are the new book jackets, which I think are terrific:
  

A fan who posted this comment on Amazon.com gives a great overview of the series: 

5.0 out of 5 stars Before "Occupy Wall Street," Iris Thorne fought the big boys in COLD CALL

Readers who have fallen in love with Dianne Emley's fantastic Nan Vining thrillers might be unaware of the really great mystery series the author wrote years earlier featuring the complex and appealing Iris Thorne.

A few stylish touches (like Iris' leaky old Triumph sportscar) add color and texture to this novel set in L.A. in the 1980s. Iris wants to make a good living in L.A.'s financial district while still doing the right thing -- a lesson in ethics some of the folks down on Wall Street still seem not to have learned even today. Maybe they should all quit their shenanigans and instead read this very entertaining novel.
A great read for mystery fans, lovers of L.A., and those who enjoy a scrappy heroine taking charge of an action-packed plot.

I do hope you'll give my Iris Thorne series a try--and maybe post a reader review as well.

It's been so rewarding for me to revisit my first books. With the distance of time, I've reread (and lightly edited) them with fresh eyes and can finally appreciate how fun they are. I have lots to say about this interesting journey, from reconnecting with that debut author I once was to embracing the self-publishing world after years of being in "big" publishing, but will hold off until my new blog is launched (I'm moving it to WordPress).

As far as a new Nan Vining and other books, I've been very busy behind the scenes on a couple of projects. I don't like talking about works-in-progress. I'm superstitious that way. I hope to reveal details about new books soon. I'm also updating my Website, long in need of an overhaul. My gorgeous new site should be up in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, you have restored, refreshed Iris Thorne to keep you company, and she's good company indeed.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Petrea! I think it's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very hot news! My only problem is I wish could get a job just to read books. But i expect this series should give us some insider info behind Wall St.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't that be a great way to make a living, Cafe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur, Petrea -- Cafe, that would be a great way to make a living!

    ReplyDelete